Benefits for the Firm
Reinforcing the Competitive Advantages
Up ! Application System allows reinforcing the competitive advantages of the firm, which are the origin of its sustainable value creation:
Even if the benefits are first targeting large private companies, large public services find it interesting because they also need reactivity and specificity.
- Up ! Application System favors the differentiation of your positioning in comparison of it of your competitors.
- Through the incremental building of a quasi-specific information system.
For investment lower than the one for a generic information system, you will almost have a dedicated solution respecting your activities, your processes, your organization and your view of the market.
- Through an automatic management of the multi-linguistic and multi-cultural issues to ease your international development.
Each piece of information related to language or to culture is out of the applications.
- Up ! Application System contributes to a better reactivity to better seize the opportunities or to control the threats of your environment.
- The information system is made by building thin-granulated business interfaces.
- These interfaces are set by business objects that are either sold by Up ! Company or embedding a part of your existing applications. These objects can be enhanced in order to allow you adding your particular properties and actions.
- These objects are half-automatically integrated through Up ! Workbench to realize the human-machine interfaces, the batch programs and the reports of your applications.
- The flow of information - Workflow - is out of applications, which allows defining your particular processes. The access control on the use of objects is also external, which allows defining your specific limits of power.
- The business objects sold by Up ! Company are half-automatically compiled by Up ! Compiler for the targeted platforms according to your usual IT equipment.
- You may at any time add or enhance a function, easily change processes, organization or IT equipment without starting a long and costly project.
- Up ! Application System allows cultivating the specificity of your firm.
The corporate culture is one of the two intangible and vague assets - with the image - that make the firm inimitable. You have better of to preserve and to favor its development instead of to limit it through the set-up of generic vertical software that look first attractive with standard behaviors. The corporate culture can be the following:
- The choice for the description of its organization and its processes.
- The choice for its working environment.
- The choice for the used terms, the layout of documents, the checking points, etc.
Minimizing the Total Cost of the Information System
The total cost of ownership of the information system beholds:
The last two lines are usually hard to evaluate when studying the opportunity of the project, which make the forecasted return on investment more or less varying.
- Studies realized with the help of consulting companies.
This essential stage requests strongly the Work Prime Organizer (WPO) because it is usually more simple to define what we do not want and more difficult what we want.
- Acquisition of equipment.
There is equipment for developing and maintaining, integrating and testing, then operating, with usually a backup.
- Acquisition of software.
There is base software, technical software, developing software, application software, operating software and this for each computer.
- Change management.
This line beholds:
- The education of the users, the maintaining team and the operating staff.
- The decrease of productivity due to the time needed to be adapted to the mastering of differences between the old application and the new one.
The more nonfunctioning in the first time or rejects of the new application exist, the longer this Despair valley is.
- Maintaining the solution.
This line beholds:
- Yearly maintaining of hardware and software.
- Technical corrections and changing of versions for base, technical or application software.
- Functional evolutions.
Up ! Application System allows minimizing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and mastering its deviation in order to realize the targeted Return on Investment (ROI):
- By offering an incremental business modeling of the application that can be understand by each actor through the easy building of a prototype.
This allows optimizing the time dedicated to Work Prime Organizer (WPO) for the studying stage, what makes it shorter.
- By reusing your existing IT equipment - hardware and software.
Up ! Application System is available with no difference with numerous equipments and not only for the most recent ones.
- By minimizing the change.
With Up ! Application System, you describe your processes, your organization, your terminology, your working habits by just only including what should evolve. The change management is thus quick.
- By easing maintaining.
The essential concept of version-revision of Up ! Application System allows managing independently the technical evolutions from the functional ones. You update thus your information system according to your rhythm and when you need it.
Contributing to the Operational Efficiency
Up ! Application System is leverage for the operational efficiency of your firm:
- By easing the flow of information.
While thinking with a business modeling that is independent of the technical set-up, while embedding your existing, Up ! Application System is planning your information system with a logical point of view.
The information streams are indifferently set up with according to:
- Different conventions for communicating.
Subscription / publication, request / answer, etc.
- Different vectors.
File transferring, electronic mail, Internet service, Tuxedo, etc.
- Different formats.
Edifact, Etebac, private format, Xml, etc.
- By offering a business piloting.
Up ! Application System beholds business services allowing:
- Controlling the business model of your activity.
Here are the business services:
- Revenue Insurance.
To control statistically the coherence of the information flowing into the business processes by the use of unvarying expressions to avoid leakages.
For example, all that was ordered was really invoiced, was really delivered, was really settled or is in due payments, etc.
To measure through a survey the frequency and the importance of events characterizing the activity in order to verify that the reality is validating the forecasted business model.
For example, how many products were sold today, in the week, in the month; per distribution channel, etc.
- Capacity planning.
To measure the saturation level of the production assets, which is essential for high growing activities, in order to have a projection to know the saturation date.
For example, the number of pieces made; the number of users connected to an Internet server; the volume of a database, etc.
- Optimizing the use of Up ! Application System at low cost.
Here are the business services:
To watch over the good running of the applications with a centralized mean: batch running, number of records proceeded or in error, information or alert messages.
To watch over the respect of confidentiality of information.
To be sure of the integrity of information.
These business services are exposed as cross business interfaces that are set up by either business objects sold by Up ! Company or embedding third-party software.